[vdr] Re: new image patch

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Kai Tobias Burwieck wrote:

>hi,
>
>i've uploaded the plugin-version of my image patches.
>with the new version you can rotate the image by pressing
>the left key (-90) and the right key (+90).
>also you can pause the slideshow by pressing the green key.
>to refresh a picture after a rotate press the 0 key.

>@Jan Eckholm
>i think, it's more flexible to use the convert from imagemagick.
>if i write my own encoder, i must write it for every type of the
>image. 702x576??? oops. what a mistake :-)

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll migrate my code onto that path. Mind if
I borrow your code for loading/displaying the images?

We have our images at home organized very nicely, as we have pregenerated
thumbnails and a few other sizes of all images. So adding an mpeg doesn't
even take up that much space.

The mpeg:s generated by mpeg2encode are of crappy quality, but that's
probably what is to be expected? This is a sample encoded image as shown
by xanim and grabbed:

	http://www.infa.abo.fi/~chakie/media/dvb/mpeg.png

Time do downsuck 1.1.23 and give it a whirl. :)

--
                        "Bingeley bingeley beep!"
               -- The Personal Disorganizer, Terry Pratchett in Feet of Clay