[vdr] AW: Re: AW: Re: AC3 over Soundcard (live and replay) (Was: AC3 5.1 - can someon

Hallo Werner,

> >> btw. I noticed that mute.sh it is not needed !? (but you sure now that)
> >> ac3play and bitstreamout "takes over" the SPDIF and sends their AC3
> >Sound.
>
> I'm using at home PCM from the DVB card and to be able to mute with
> the Mute button, I use
>
>         vdr -P 'bitstreamout -m /usr/lib/vdr/mute.sh'

Aah, I see, now i understand :) I misunderstood the meaning of this script !

> >> Did some more testing and found some recordings that did not play with
> >> bitstreamout. Actually VDR crashed (or exited) when playing these.
> >>
> >> I then tried AC3overDVB 0.1.0 and 0.1.1 and found that in 0.1.0 with
> >exactly
> >> the same recordings (where bitstream crashed) I get the "stacatto" (is
> >that
> >> correct spelled !?) sound. With 0.1.1 I get a clear sound and no
> >> "stacatto's" :))
>
> Can you give me an URL with a short sample?

I will try to set one up or can I send it to you per mail ?

How long should the recording be ?
20 Sec., 30 sec., 1 min. ?

And as .tar.bz2 ?

Greetings