[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB with mplayer ? possible ?

Hallo,

> >> AC3overDVB works with TV and DVD. nice :-D
> >> Great Work ! Thanks !
> >>
> >> Is it possible with mplayer, too ?
> >>
> >> Markus
>
> At least mplayer can do hwac3 over dvb again with current (todays) cvs.
> There
> was some messages about it yesterday. So from the mplayer side
> theoretical
> yes ;)

There was a post from Andre Neumann some time ago (Re: ANNOUNCE: mplayer.sh
version 0.0.6a-jha).
He has patched the Source of MPlayer 0.90pre8 so that it can do AC3overDVB !

@Andre - could you please publish that Patch :)

@all - can anyone rewrite this for a current MPlayer ?

Maybee also with an MEncoder patch (like the one at
http://ma.hoff.bei.t-online.de/2divx/MP_vdrac3_patch.diff) until 2divx2.0 is
supporting AC3 ;)

Here is the Post :

> i've tried the new version, but it dont works with my MPlayer
> 0.90pre8-2.95.3. Im using this version of mplayer, because i've patched
> the source, so that i can use the dvb cards spdif for ac3.
>
> the patch dont works for newer versions of mplayer. So your mplayer.sh is
> not running, because mplayer hasnt the option -identify.
>
> Any suggestions ?

> Andre Neumann

Greetings
Christian