[vdr] Re: tech patch for vdr 1.1.24

Hi Alessio,

> Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> > Patch: Hohum. It would be quite a bit of work to seperate
> > all mods (it's more than just 5 or 6. The newest modreadme

> I agree. It's much better to have a real big mod you can apply and,
> perhaps, choose at compile time what to enable and what not.

The options are realtime (not compiler options).

>The  best way would be, of course, integrate everything in the
>core vdr distribution.

;o)) the "offical" stuff is up to Klaus.

> As the author of the original tech patch, I'm very happy to see it
> ported to the new vdr system. Thank you!

Well, it is quite different from what you wrote ;o))  (e.g. it uses
color bars, and not "| |") The core routine needed a complete
re-write, because the new driver (from NEWSTRUCT on up) no
longer sends out the SS, SNR, BER & UNC values as something
useable, but rather only as a number from 0 to 65535. This means
the routine now needs to calculate the dB & dBm and percent.

My output is:

decimal % value
true (dB or dBm) value

Depending on setup adjustment the length of each color can
be changed. I.e. *you* decide what values are red, yellow or
green. By saying upper red limit is equal to lower green limit
you get a two colored bar (instead of 3 colors) to satisfy all
those who don't like that many colors ;o)) This is NOT limited
to 50/50. If you say upper red limit is 33% and lower green
limit is 33% you will *still* get a 2 colored bar. In this case
the red bar is one third of the total length and the green one
is 66% (or twices long as the red bar) of the total length.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.