[vdr] Re: MP3 Plugin

Hi Stefan, Michael, Juri,

Sorry for the delay.

@Stefan who wrote:
>Could you please provide this infomation:
>-On mplayer startup you should see a log message
> "mplayer: script started (pid=xx)". Which PID is given?
>-When VDR hangs (before killing any processes), do a "ps -axf"
> and send the part with VDR/Mplayer threads.

I did this, but the list is pretty long (I was programing at
the time, so I had a few more tasks running ;o)). Anything
in particular, that I should look for?

@Michael Dreher who wrote:
 > I had the same problem and I also have a fix. It consists
> of two parts: 1. The mplayer.sh script has to be changed.
> Just remove the "exec" in the line where mplayer is
> started. This may stop the non-slave mode to work, but
 > works> great in slave mode with patched mplayer plugin.

I tried your patch. While Mplayer no longer stays a zombie,
it basically just inverses the problem ;o)) Now Mplayer quits
and the process is removed. VDR also switches back to the
correct TV channel, but that's it. After that you can no longer
control VDR. No amount of hitting Ctrl-C will quit VDR. I
manually have to kill all VDR tasks ;o)). So the problem
was just inversed ;o)) (i.e Mplayer quits, but VDR doesn't)

@Juri who wrote:
> I have a theory, but I'm not sure, as I didn't read the full source:
> In player-mplayer.c we have in cMPlayerPlayer::Activate()
> So we kill mplayer, wait for the PID to disappear and _then_ close the
> pipe(s). I suspect the mplayer process to hang until (especially) the
> input pipe (mplayer-wise seen) is closed. So the process will never exit
> until the pipes are closed (or the video ends).

Yes, this seems to make sense. I will try your patch later today
and give you a report if your patch works for me.

Greetz and thanks,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.