[vdr] Re: vdr - lirc

> With the old 1.0.4 version you have to learn the keys of your remote
> first with irrecord. Give the keys the same names as in keyTable of
> VDR/config.c . Then start lirc with the generated file and it should
> work.

Sorry for this silly question, but: the 'same names' are the values, not the
variables, right ("Menu", and not kmenu; case-sensitive?)?

Then this is, what I have done. Not for all buttons, but this shouldn't make
any difference?

I have now upgraded vdr to an newer version (1.1.xx), but without any effect
on lirc-remote.

Could it be a problem with my lirc, anyway? Perhaps vdr cannot recognize the
lirc-daemon, and then didnt't enter the learningmode?

lirc uses a remote receiver plugged in the seriel port. In /var/log/messages
I found this:

Mar 10 10:19:55 xvideo kernel: lirc_serial: port 03f8 already in use,
proceeding anyway
Mar 10 10:19:55 xvideo kernel: lirc_serial: compile the serial port driver as
module and
Mar 10 10:19:55 xvideo kernel: lirc_serial: make sure this module is loaded
first
Mar 10 10:19:56 xvideo kernel: lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver

The last messages indicates, that lirc is working (and it does working with
xmms and xine). But I'm not shure, that I understand the first three
messages. Does it mean, that the serialdriver (which is modulised) is loaded
later then the lirc-Driver? Is there something else wrong?

--
Tschüß
Ralf

* Dr. Ralf Schlechtweg-Jahn