[vdr] Force EPG Scan

Hello guys,

I have a question regarding the PG Scan. As far as I understood the EPG
data ist scanned for all channels after a given time period in the
options Menu of EPG.

Currently I have selected 2h for the EPG Scann and 180min for the
automatic poweroff after user inactivity. To have allways up to date EPG
data for all of the chanesl I have to wait untill VDR shutsdown
automatically.

My question is, if there is a oportunity to force a EPG Scan from in or
outside of VDR. This could be fE an Option within my vdrshutdown Script.
For example once a day during powerdown a EPG scan is done.

Also I think I read about the oportunity to turn of the EPG scan for a
given channel with some "options or hacking" the channel.conf. So witch
entry is used for this option within one lne for the channel within the
channels.conf.

Thats all for now. Happy hacking ;-)
--
Ralf.Klueber@Vodafone.com           Vodafone D2 GmbH
Group Leader 'Radio Network Planning Tools and Methods'