[vdr] Re: with 1.25 more crashes then with 1.23 ???

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> Hi List
>
> >> starting immediately and disappears also immediately if I step back to
> 1.1.23.
> >> Is 1.1.25 stressing the card more then 1.1.23 ??
> >
> >I wouldn't know where...
> >Here on my system (plain vanilla VDR 1.1.25 with driver 1.0.0pre2)
> everything runs
> >totally stable for days (well, after a few days I usually restart VDR
> because
> >I'm testing new stuff).
> >
> >Klaus
> >--
>
> Just a small addition .. It runs MUCH MORE STBALE with Timeshift-feature
> ENABLED ..
>
> To have the most child and wife fail proof system I allways compiled
> without this feature and got some problems (like when a timer starts while
> a replay was watched VDR crashed or ceated unusable recordings) ... But
> with the latest Version (1.1.25 and pre2 driver) It is rock stable ..
> evene heavy switching, playing, doing anything with the machine while a
> timer is running doesn't hurt in any way !!!

That's due to the "OSD vs. replay" fix in the firmware :-)

I guess I can now safely remove the DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEVICE
macro from dvbdevice.c. In one test I even did three simultaneous
recordings plus one replay on my primary device without the slightest
problem. The OSD, however, does get rather sluggish in such a scenario,
but with the typical case one recording plus replay (which also covers
time shift) everything works just fine now.

Klaus