[vdr] AW: Re: with 1.25 more crashes then with 1.23 ???

Hallo

> >> I had that with the 1.0.0pre2 driver. I downgraded to a snapshot from
> >> 29. Jan 03 (trying to do the binary driver checks you suggested on
> >> the DVB ML) and have not observed it after that, but I will wait for
> >> the 3sat Tagesschau today which often had a/v sync problems (parallel
> >> transmission on ARD is OK). The driver snapshot works with the new
> >> firmware.
>
> I'm not sure but I believe that I had this problem a few hours after I
> did some automatic recordings from sat.1 and pro-7. As I mentioned
> before, this happens so rarely that I can't tell whether a driver has
> this bug or not.
>
> While my knowledge of the driver is far from complete, I believe that
> this is a firmware bug, because the driver does virtually nothing when
> you are just viewing a channel. Maybe this is triggered by a change in
> some driver routines which issue commands to the firmware. We'll see.

Try timeshift or replaying recording. As far as I remeber I had this a
couple of times while doing a recording on RTL and viewing it timehifted.
Whren skipping commercials (red/green) and then using FF/FR I had A/V out of
sync. Pause and then replay "fixed" that.

Greetings
Christian