[vdr] Edit Problem/Question

Hi,
I have a small problem with the edit function. I edit SPAM and create a small
clip out of that, it is automatically named %SPAM. If I now cut another part
out of SPAM, it overwrites the previously created %SPAM. Of course if
I cut something out of %SPAM it creates %%SPAM.
Or am I missing something?

This seems like the correct behaviour according to the manuals. Would it be
possible to have VDR always use a unique name for the created directory?
A very simple solution would do for me, for example just keep adding "%" until
a unique name is found. This would allow me to do all my editing in one go
at the TV, where I have no display or keyboard on the VDR PC. I would then
rename the dirs to something better when logged onto my VDR box from another
PC.

Just a suggestion.

--
Cheers Brian