[vdr] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-analogtv-0.2.0

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 12:17:09AM +0100, David Koruga wrote:

[...]
> Sorry Andreas that i did not report more.
> I'am very interested in your Plugin and I want to support this project
> as good as I can but there are still several problems in my system which
> makes test results VERY unreliable. Ok here is what I got until now:
>
> -I use an AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz and the CPU load is about 20% +-10%

Ooops! I have *exactly* the same CPU like you, but a CPU load of around 50%
(and with Rene's new remuxer(V2) (not public by now) around 70%!)

What the hell _i_ am doing wrong here??

> -I did not notice A/V sync problems because I currently have no Sound :)
> (one of my Problems)

"no sound" while using my plugin, or always using vdr? If only with my
plugin, please send me a pm!

> -Switching the channels nearly always let vdr crash with no error
> message. Just once I got: ERROR: thread 6576 (transfer thread) won't end
> (waited 3 seconds) - cancelling it...
> I do not know if that's realy true but for me it seems that switching
> the channel works better if I switch before the channel info is gone.
> That way I can switch for about 10 times until vdr dies. Once the
> channel info disappears and I change the channel vdr dies nearly every
> time.

Same here. I am working on this issue day and night. Hopefully, my next
release does a better job on this!

> -Record a channel works just fine
> -Using the OSD while watching Analog TV is no Problem

Both should work without problems - here my plugin does exactly, what Klaus
expects.

> So long....
> Thank you for your great work.

Thanks for your report!

Any further report is heavily welcome!

Ciao,
Andreas
--
Andreas Kool (akool@akool.de * akool@isdn4linux.de * http://www.akool.de)
PGP: 3FBF2411 Fingerprint: B5 35 34 74 25 60 2A 7A  89 06 92 C4 08 BA A5 BD