[vdr] Re: Leben nach Microsoft

Uwe Weissbach wrote:
is this a "zweikanalton" recording? i think vdr is not able to manage this kind of audio till now. the easiest/quick and dirty solution would be an ability to mute only
the left or right "stereo"-signal.
I've recorded "Leben nach Microsoft". My problem is that I can't replay
this recording with german voice. If I replay the recording the english and
german sound is mixed. The readme file says you can select a "tonspur" in
the VDR menue with the green button. No matter what I try the sound is
always mixed. I even tried to unplug one soundcabel but this way I get on
one channel german/english mixed and on the other one only english. Is
there a way to get the german channel?
yes, that's a great problem with such recordings where one language is on the left and one on the right. For vdr this is "one" channel - the green button meens switching between several audio streams This is done by different audio PID's. TV-sets often have a switch for "stereo-mono-left only-right only" but unfortunatly receivers mostly doesn't have. In the case of 3sat with this "left-right" languages you can playing with balance or if your receiver has a at least a mono-switch, you can easy plug out the right cinch cable and press Mono. The best way would be if Klaus could insert such a function in VDR, the second way could be a script (running i.E. by recordcmd) wich is demuxing the record, using a audio tool to copy the left channel to the right right (I'm pretty sure such a tool exist) and muxing the record again...)
The best (TM) solution would be, if the broadcasters were finally able to read the specs and use different pids for different languages audio tracks. This "Zweikanalton"-feature was only used due to a lack of transmitting two languages the old fashioned way (analog) to the TVs...