[vdr] Re: Leben nach Microsoft

Hi Gerhard, Klaus, all

> Hello,
> as fas as know, Reinhard implemented the feature "Audio
> Balance" into his MOD.

;o)) Yes, I did, but this will *only* work for analog output.
This cannot work for digital output. Originally Klaus did
the following:

VolumeLeft = VolumeRight = Volume

(which is why you get both channels at the same volume and
may not always be suitable as in the case of Zweikanalton
or if your HiFi setup needs a bit of tweaking in the balance
area) My mod splits this into true two channels and handles
the volume seperately.

However I see no possible way (already looked into the DVB
driver and the specs of my sound chip (Rev 1.6) to integrate
this (just as volume & mute doesn't work on digital out
--> volume I can barely understand, but mute I really can not
understand) into the digital out.

So, sorry, if you are listening to Zweikanalton you *must*
use analog out for this on your amp. On my Denon I can
switch this at any time, so it's not a problem (here). At least
you can then decide on left or right channel. Using the possibilties
of your amp (my Denon can present a mono channel on all 9
loudspeakers), you can then turn it into *pseudo* stereo.

P.S: @Klaus: still haven't had the time to test the last CAM
mod. I got stuck on a problem with my marks replay mod. Will
try it tonight.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---