[vdr] Re: Power consumption of Hauppauge cards

Hi Stefaan,

> An easy way, not too expensive and an acceptable accuracy
> is by usuing a socket watt tester, they are very cheap and ment to
> measure the power consumption
> of home electric devices.

Doing this will give you results, but they may be unpredicatable
and more importantly, it won't reveil the current draw for the
indivdual power lines. A 150W PSU is NOT a 150W PSU. It
depends on internal design. What I mean to say is that you will
need to know how many amps the +/-5V, +/- 12V Standyby etc
are drawing and how much your PSU delivers (which is why I
offered the idea of using a PCI riser extension / testing card.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.