[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: DXR3-plugin vdr-dxr3-0.1.7

On Sunday 23 March 2003 23:04, Rantanen Teemu wrote:
> > From: Stefan Schluenss [mailto:dxr3_osd@schluenss.de]
> >
> > - Added exception handling for defect pes streams.
> > - Added more checks by introducing a new pes parsing class.
>
> Thank you once again very much for great work!
>
> One comment though. Every time I get 'ePesFrameError' there is a very
> noticeable gap in both video and audio. With earlier version I would have
> gotten an artifact in video or a glitch in audio (or both). I think the old
> way is less noticeable in general than the new.

Well, actually this is wanted. On a ePesFrameError the whole buffer will be
cleared and a resync will be performed.
I thought this would be the best to prevent dxr3 crashes caused by bad video
data.
Normally this should not happen very often (to be honest I had some trouble to
test this).
We can introduce or a setup parameter to switch between both handlings ... if
this is wanted of course.

- Kai -