[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.26

> Norbert Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > Hi Klaus,
> >
> > first of all. The situation seems to get better ;-). I tried
> > the new version with dvb-1.0.0pre2 and experienced less
> > dramatic crashes than with the vdr-1.1.24/driver combination.
> >
> > Unfortunately there are still more or less frequently crashes
> > due to "CAM: Read failed" with successfull restarts within
> > some (10-20) seconds.
>
> Can you please try the patch at
>
>   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/cam-1.1.26.diff
>
> which limits CAM access to channels that actually have a non-zero
> Ca value and completely suppresses it during replay. Maybe this
> helps with your problem (although my hopes are not too high...).
>
> Klaus
> --

Hi Klaus,
i also had the problem with frequently crashes during replay ("CAM: Read
failed" and restart within 60 seconds). For my configuration your patch
solves this problem. Since i have applied this patch yesterday, i observed
no more crashes. This is now the first stable 1.1.x version for me. Great!!

My configuration:
-VDR 1.1.26 with dvb-1.0.0pre2 driver and cam-1.1.26.diff patch
-lirc 0.6.6
-SUSE Linux 8.1 with kernel 2.4.19
-Hardware: Mediaportal with Celeron 400, Hauppauge Nexus, Irdeto Allcam 4.7

Thanks for your great work,
Gerhard