[vdr] Re: shutdown-script

On 29 Mar 2003, Andreas Reichel (AR) wrote:

AR> From: Andreas Reichel <andreas.reichel@i-kit.de>
AR> To: vdr@linuxtv.org
AR> Date: 29 Mar 2003 20:22:41 +0100
AR> Subject: [vdr] shutdown-script
AR>
AR> good evening,
AR>
AR> in the case, somebody is interessted in this topic, i want to share a
AR> little script, that handles the shutdown of my desktop. it takes care of
AR> processes, that needs much cpu time over night -- for example emerge new
AR> software or transcoding movies.
AR>
AR> vdr starts daemonized with the option:
AR>
AR> -s "touch /tmp/.shutdown"

this way you're ignoring the start time of the next timer.

Moreover, imagine following scenario:

now it's 01:00
next timer is at 03:00 (two hours later)

vdr calls the shutdown script, which just creates the /tmp/.shutdown file.
at the same time, some of the CMD_LST programs is running.

The script called from cron checks for that file  /tmp/.shutdown
and doesn't shutdown.

at 03:00 all progs in CMD_LST are finished and the system is turned off
although there's an active timer (recording something).

c ya
        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\