[vdr] marks.vdr (@Klaus)

Hi !

Please correct me, if I'm wrong - I seem to have a problem in interpreting
the contents of marks.vdr:

The way I understand the code, the timecode contained in marks.vdr is
nothing else then a counter of all frames in the recording from the
beginning to the resp. mark. I.e. a line of "0:17:18.14" just means that
this mark refers to the 25964th frame _in_the_file_.

Therefore the editing-marks in marks.vdr are losely correlated to the PTS
but can not easily be converted into PTS. [Because when there are missing
frames the marks entry will differ from the actual PTS of a frame by the
amount of missing frames.]

My reason for asking for clarification: I was just trying to implement an
automagic processing of marks.vdr in PVAStrumento (to spare an
editing/cutting step), but ran into difficulties because of this (well -- it
took me some time to figure out that these weren't actual timestamps as I
originally thought).

Any intention to change this behaviour - or do I have to count frames (or
look into index.vdr)?

Regards

    Wiljo