[vdr] Re: Problem with vdr and hdd full

Hello Klaus,

* Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> [12-04-03 17:34]:
> I suggest you start VDR from the command line, then you should get the core file
> in your current directory. Make sure, though, that you have set
>
>   ulimit -c unlimited
>
> to allow for the creation of a core file.

Ok, i have done this and started vdr from commandline.
Vdr log the same errormessages to syslog and will crash, but it
doesn't seems, that vdr crashes, because no core file is avaiable.
And on the console no message like programm core dumped will appear.

It seems, that vdr exit and not crash.

> You could also insert debug outputs into the code to see how far it gets.
> Things like
>
>   fprintf(stderr, "%s %d\n", __FILE__, __LINE__);
> are often helpful.

Yes, here you are right, but the problem is, c++ is not my language
and i don't know the sourcecode, so it is really hard to insert this
line in the right line and file.

--
Bye
Matthias