[vdr] ANNOUNCE: vdrchannels-0.0.4

Hello guys,

have you ever made changes to your channel.conf when the frequencies or
some other things changed?

First I used one channel.conf`s from the web, but it was difficult to
explain to my wife and the kids, that the famous "Sesamstrasse" is no
longer on channel 11, but on channel 21. The other thing is, that I dont
liked the grouping and the channel names I had found in "official"
channel.conf`s.

I think ist an ugly work, because I only have vi and a text console on
my vdr box. OK, I like vi, but I use it for more worth things like
programming perl ;-).

So I found a solution. It is VDRCHANNELS.

Just define a small channel.conf "skeleton" with some additional lines
in it. It defines the names of the channels, the grouping and some other
things.

Next get a new channel.conf with all actual frequencies with fe
getchannels.pl, with a scan utility or from the net. Start VDRCHANNELs
and you get a channel.conf with your grouping, your channel names and
with the new frequencies. Also the RID is adapted if one channel is
twice in your list.

You have also a chance to define some aliases for the same channel.
Think of "Pro7", "Pro 7", "PRO SIEBEN", "Pro Sieben", ...

Have a look into the attached file for further explanations.

If someone find it usefull, than use it!

It is a small, contribution to the VDR from me. I am not able to do
something in C/C++ yet, so I thought I must add some other usefull
things to the community ;-).
--
Ralf.Klueber@Vodafone.com

-- Type: application/x-compressed