[vdr] Re: Feature Request: All-Time-Recording

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:

> @Klaus: When you implement this, will you be using a
> freeze frame? What I mean is to blank or freeze the the
> last I-frame when we start a pause recording.

What will happen will be exactly the same as if you

- press Menu/Red to start an instant recording
- press Menu/Recordings, select the recording and press ok to start replay
- press Pause to pause replay

I don't think that using a still frame from the live stream would
do any good, since the replay later most likely won't start at exactly that
frame.

> I wonder
> how (if) we can do the pause recording for encrypted
> channels? The AV711x *must* be able to handle this
> from the hardware standpoint as my Nokia 9902 also
> uses the TI chip and it can do a pause recording for
> any channel, be it encrypted or FTA.

If you have more than one DVB card and you have your CAM in a non-primary
card, then this should be no problem. AFAIK with the DVB cards used with VDR
it is not possible to do recording of an encrypted channel and replay at
the same time (anybody who knows better please correct me).

> > * Recording should be some definable time backwards,
> > maybe about 2 hours

It will use the time you have defined in your setup for an instant
recording (which, by default, is 3 hours).

Klaus