[vdr] Re: mplayer.sh 0.8.1

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Juri Haberland wrote:

> A Duron 1100 might not be fast enough to play hires DIVX files via DVB,
> because mplayer has to decode the DIVX and then encode it as MPEG1 *in
> real time*! Check the load of the system while watching your video.

My previous Duron 900 setup with 133MHz SDRAM was _just_ fast enough to
play DivX with mplayer to dxr3 which I guess would be directly comparable
to doing the same thing for a dvb card.

I sometimes had to use -quiet option in order not to lose frames or sync
when running mplayer via ssh2 connection. Just shows how close it was
to not being fast enough. ;)

In other words, Duron 1100 should be fast enough especially if you have
DDR RAM, which makes a huge difference too.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64