[vdr] Re: Recordings ARD

At Wednesday, 23 April 2003, you wrote:

>Am Mittwoch, 23. April 2003 22:13 schrieben Sie:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I have a problem with some recordings from ARD (Das Erste). I notized
>> it first with a James Bond Movie some Weeks ago, than with "Reifeprüfung"
>> (Dustin Hoffman) and now with "Ben Hur". On the top of the visible
>> part of the screen there was a row of white flickering dots like
>> the teletext in the black shoulder of the Videosignal. This is no
>> problem in VDR, but when I convert such a movie with tosvcd to a
>> SVCD and try to replay this in my standalone DVD player the picture
>> is shaking from left to right. If I replay this SVCD with the VDR
>> Plugin its also no problem. Has anybody seen this too or, even
better,
>> has a solution how to solve this problem? Is it possible to clip
>> (tools available???) the picture before processing to a SVCD to get
>> rid of this critical line?
>
>Yes I have seen this line in the Herbert Grönemeyer concert on ARD
too. I
>would crop it away or black it out. Have a look at the tosvcd source
and at
>the manpage of yuvscaler, should not be that hard. As far as I know
there is
>an option to lay a black band on some areals in yuvscaler. (2 or
4 lines
>should be save for every recording).
>
>If above is nothing for you you may try TMPEGenc with wine (which
I discover
>currently just for fun :))
>
>Greets
>
>Steffen

Thank you for the tip. After reading the man page of yuvscaler I
think that could be the solution to set the active region. I'll give
it a try tonight...

Btw, are you using TMPEGenc Pro with the commandline interface? I
am not very familiar with wine but one year ago I paid for the moonlight
encoder (elecard) to get rid of the logo in mpeg2 (svcd) recordings
after TMPEGenc. But that was all in MSWindows. All that manual clicking
was to boaring for me just to convert some videos. But the quality
of the result was much better than that with the mjpegtools. How
is this working in wine? Do you need also such an active show filter?

Kind regards
Manfred

--
-------                   Manfred Schmidt-Voigt                  -------