[vdr] Re: [OT] video tools and wine (was :Re: Re: editing and converting VDR recordings)

Steffen Barszus worte:

> I don't understand how I import the matrices from ReStream in TMPEG.

Open the exported matrix file into an text editor and write them
manually into the TMPGEnc matrices. Sorry, I also don´t know if there is
any automation :-(

> Further I see that it seems that I make sth wrong with
> interlacing/deinterlacing.

Simply look with ReStream, if the MPEG stream is set to 'progressive'.
If it is so, set TMPGEnc to 'progressive'. If ReStream says
'interlaced', then set TMPGEnc to 'progressive' and field order to
'upper fields first'.

> Then I think maybe there is a way to automate
> the
> use of avisynth a bit (can avisynth give me better results then TMPEG
> direct
> ?) (using bash/batch-files) .

You just can optimize your input files (e.g. deinterlace, denoise and
especially scale them [as TMPGEnc does not skale very good]) with
AVISynth, but you can not control TMPGEnc with AVISynth (then you would
need the M$ Windows Scripting Host). I recommend you to save all the
TMPGEnc settings you made into several files (e.g. 'DVD ZDF' or 'SVCD
Pro7 VBR') so you just have to load them again if you want to transcode
an additional movie.
BTW.: There are very good guides on AVISynth at www.avisynth.org.

> Then a trivial thing I guess: I would love
> use cPVAs.exe from cli but i can't give arguments to cPVAs with wine.

The most simple solution would be to make a .bat-file calling cPVAs, but
maybe there is a more elegant version.

Jörg