[vdr] Re: Minor Bug in VDR 1.1.26, maybe also in 1.1.29?

> Jörg Knitter wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yesterday, I started a recording and went into timeshifting mode by
> > selecting the file and pressing the green button. Because of other
> > things I had to do I set the playback to pause mode (key 'down').
> > Then, I stopped the recording first before I continued playing the
file.
> > The result: The recording did not play to the end. I had to stop the
> > playback and start it again to get it in full length. It seems to
me,
> > that when I go into pause mode, the recoding length is not being
> > updated?
> >
> > Sorry, that I still did not update to 1.1.29 to check it there...
>
> Take a look at cIndexFile::CatchUp(). In there the index file is
closed
> if it hasn't been written for more than MININDEXAGE seconds. Maybe
this
> doesn't work as expected in some situations. I have increased that
time
> in the past, because I also had that effect, but I would believe that
> the current value of 5 minutes(!) should be long enough. Nevertheless
> I think it still happened here once.

I was sure that my break was more than 5 minute :-) If you have a call
or have to do something else for a few minutes, it´s easy to reach this
5 minutes. I agree that you could stop playback in this case, but
especially in timeshift mode, you might not want to see what coming up

Thanks anyway for your reply. And to say it once again: Great work!

(Concerning investigation: Although I know C++, I still had not the time
to look at the VDR source... sorry!)

Jörg Knitter