[vdr] Re: EPG for UK users?

Andy Coates (andy@bribed.net) wrote:
> Gavin Hamill (gdh@acentral.co.uk) wrote:
> > Anyone,
> >
> > What's the current status of this? A look through the list archives brought up the
> > tvtv.de plugin + some hacks...
> >
> > If you have a working EPG interface for Freeview in the UK, would you mind sending me
> > some details, then perhaps we can get some actual docs written for it? :)
>
> Does Freeview currently have any EPG? (haven't looked at DVB-T in a *long* while)
> Or is it just the normal now/next?
>
> Also read somewhere a company is bringing out a new Freeview box that had its own
> EPG - though probably a pay/subscription one.  Sounded like a Tivo clone to me.
>
> On the other hand - are all channels on Freeview actually on Sky Digital too?
> (a project i'm working on might actually benefit freeview users too if so)

I've just had my little project shot down by Sky - apparently we can't use the EPG
information anywhere (I was going to store the EPG in a database for non satellite
users to query).  They didn't say why specifically, just "no".

Oh well :(

Andy.

--
n: Andy Coates                         e: andy@bribed.net