[vdr] Re: Segmentation fault with autopid-1.1.32

Hi,

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 14:09, Helge Lenz wrote:

[...]

> No Problem, if you say how? I am not familiar with gdb, that is what I
> tried:

ups, sorry

> gdb -e vdr
> (gdb) run -P scanner -c /.../ -v /.../

uh, a bit complicated, here is how i usualy do it:

gdb ./vdr
(gdb) set args -c /etc/vdr -v /video0 -Pscanner -Psc
(gdb) run

this way you can simply do a 'run' over and over again. even if the binary is
recompiled in between, gdb will simply reload it.

> vdr started and as soon as I activated the scanner it tried to scan the
> transponder 12032 it crashed. But what should I do then? I tried some
> commands, but only "help" and "run" seemed to work.

gdb will give you some information about the place where the segfault happend,
make sure to include that. the do a 'bt'  (backtrace) for the current thread.
some bugs are hard to track with only the current threads info, so you should
also do a 'info threads' switch to each thread with 'thread x' (x = thread
id) and do 'bt' for each of them.

such a report will quite likely become relativly large, so it might be a good
idea to not bother the list with it and send it privatly.

Thanks for your efforts

Andreas