[vdr] Re: black screens...any hint?

Am Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2003 19:39 schrieb Oliver Endriss:
> IMHO the old firmware is far more unstable than the recent one.

Yep agree to 100%
I have the at the moment recommended by Klaus running here and put in the
hardwaresection=0 and I tried a lot but was not able to crash the firmware.
All recordings I did so far was successfull. But to me the black screen issue
was reported too ( Astra/Sat/VIVA ).

> I don't think that all these 'black screen problems' are caused by the
> video memory limit. Transfer/replay mode and view mode are different
> functions.

 I could imagine there is an interrupt lost or sth like that, but I'm not that
deep in development, so i cant hardly say anything. The guy who supported it
has a buggy mainboard (ECS K7S5A)

Hope the firmware does not change too much anymore since I'm very happy with
it the current way (means hopefully the issue will be fixed w/o breaking
other stuff)

Steffen