[vdr] Re: Bug with 2 DVBs?

Am Don, 2003-05-22 um 20.05 schrieb gerhard.achs@gmx.at:
> > Am Don, 2003-05-22 um 17.36 schrieb gerhard.achs@gmx.at:
> > > It's not a bug, its a feature ;-)
> > > If you want to control both cards seperately, use the -d (not quite sure
> > vi
> > > README MANUAL will give you confirmation) switch  ...
> > >

> > you mean the "-D" switch, but by default all devices are used ...
> >
> > Its not a matter of the control, its ok for me to have all DVBs
> > controlled by the same vdr processes, but it would be nice to have the
> > OSD on all DVBs due I dont have a TV connected on each DVB ;)

> so what for do you need the OSD then on each card?

I have a beamer connected on the second card, sometimes the power of the
beamer breaks for some reason - afterwards it is a lot of work to switch
back to DVB1 (unplugging the beamer, plugging the TV on this card,
switching back to DVB1, unplugging TV ... etc.)

I know I could define a User key to do this work, but it would be much
easier with OSD on all cards.

> > Regardless this one, why is there no signal on the second card after a
> > new installation?
> Because these cards are not in use for this moment. If you start a recording
> for example the 2. card will tune and start the recording ...

but the tuning fails, after a complete new installation

I have to do the switch/reswitch/restart DVB "trick" at least once!!