[vdr] Re: what causes cTS2PES errors?

I dont think I habe any futher reception problems. As I wrote earlier in
the thread I've done a recording at the same time with the full featured
card in one computer and a low budget card in a different one. The
recording with the full featured card was ok while the one with the
budget  card has some errors.
It might have to do with the fact the budget cards give a "raw" TS stream
whereas the full featured cards give a filtered one that might already
I think the raw stream will cause more PCI load. Even if you use two or more budget cards that try to transfer a raw stream.

have eliminated reception errors?. I'm only guessing here - but as long
as the recordings themselves don't show glitches I wouldn't worry. I get
at least one or two TS2PES error on tuning to a channel, I guess it
happens when syncing to the next I-FRAME.
That's the problem. I have noticable errors in the stream. Sometime only audio spikes, sometimes even mpeg actefacts. If the errors are only cosmetic this wouldn't disturb me.