[vdr] Re: Getting recording path by SVDRP?

Reinhard Walter Buchner schrieb:

Have to disagree here ;o)) It is possible. All you need to do is
search the string
Which string? From where?

for "/video/" (beginning) and then for the end
of string (end) and simply copy everything inbetween those two
"points" into a new string.

This is basically the way I parsed the Mplayer output for stream
info in my VDR Mod. If you downloaded my modded version
(no longer online)
Sorry, didn't.

you may want to look at the way I handled
the mplayer output (it's all in menu.c). It's more than a simple
one liner tho. Parsing all of Mplayer's output and making it
onscreen readable was a pain in the a** ;o(

My current workaround-idea looks like this:

I'm going to use a webserver to pulish the video-directory (with symlinks enabled in case of multiple video-directories).

A shell-script will parse video-directory cyclic (maybe every 5 minutes) doing something like "find ./ | grep -i 0??.vdr". This way I will get the path for all 0??.vdr files. After parsing them I'll write a playlists (maybe shoutcast - I think they allow MPEG2-format) for each recording with a name I can reconstruct in VDRADMIN. Then VDRADMIN will get a link for each recording in the recordings-menu to the corresponding playlist.

Rene