[vdr] Re: Hardware project: MPEG2 decoder with ethernet adapter

Am Son, 2003-06-01 um 23.46 schrieb Christian Tramnitz:
> I also think that the dbox2 is the best approach to accomplish this.
> The existing streamdev-plugin should be able to do what we want.
>
> Strange enough I posted the following request/question to the board on
> the homepage of Sascha Volkenandt (creator of the streamdev plugin):
>
> ________
> Topic: client for Dbox2-Linux?       23.05.2003 8:20 PM
> I would really like to use the streamdev-client on the DBOX2 with a
> running Linux. So the DBox wouldnt need any antenna cabling but only
> ethernet.
> Could this client be compiled under non-x86 Linux and use the MPEG2
> hardware of the DBox2?
>
> Best regards,
> ________
>
> I havent got any feedback yet, but I have a DBox2 which is already in
> debug mode, so I might just give it a try...

Streamdev does NOT use ANY hardware. It's a plugin consisting of a
server-part and a client-part.

The server-part just calls every necessary infomation/stream from inside
of VDR, While the client-part feeds the information/stream into VDR.

As it is written in C/C++ it should compile on any platform VDR can be
compiled for.

What you need is a A/V-backend plugin for VDR to get something on your
screen. As it seems, the Neutrino-project used DirectFB for that.

Rene