[vdr] Re: Hardware project: MPEG2 decoder with ethernet adapter

> Sounds like a great idea! I'm just trying to build a silent VDR device
> based on a via-epia 1GHz board. It is geting pretty expensive (about 400
> EUR

sounds expensive to me, can you tell us what componets you are
using and what they cost?

> not including the DVB-card and there will be a lot of work to do to
> build a case that gets the heat away from the cpu...

got you a PCI riser for mounting the card parallel with the mainboard?
(for slim case use) and/or an IRDA receiver?

> Sorry. But if there is anything else I can do I'd love to help!

of course you can ;-)

i hope you have tried linux with the board?

i am interessted on the via vt1622
can you locate on the board an make a snapshot with a (digi)cam?

hermann