[vdr] Re: "Ruckler" with the DVD-Plugin-0.3.a at the chapter-tran sitions of DVD's

On Monday 02 June 2003 1:48 pm, Bläser, Lars wrote:

[...]

> there is a newer version 1.9 of the libdvdnav avalible
>
> beside this problem i have much more problems with visual distorsions in
> menues since i use the 0.3.2a version together with the libdvdnav 1.7
> when i should guess i´d say it related to still frames

The new IFrameAssembler implementation sometimes failes to get the end of the
I-Frame correctly. Someone with much more in-depth MPEG knowledge than me
should have a look at it.

> other problems i´ve seen with the 0.3.2a is that if i pause the dvd i get
> garbade sound from my amp (digital connected, no ac3 installed for vdr,

Thats as DVB driver bug that has always been there. Doing a AUDIO_CLEAR_BUFFER
for an PCM audio datastream will cause a loud high pitched digital noise. It
also affected the MP3 plugin, but Stefan found a way to work arround it. His
workarround apparently only works when no video data are present. With both
video and pcm audio data present no combination of AUDIO_CLEAR_BUFFER /
AUDIO_SET_MUT works.

> only PCM) and if i leave the plugin the actual station is without sound,
> only a channel switch brings sound back

eh, good point. It never bothered me enough to actualy track it down.

Andreas