[vdr] Re: plugins compile problem

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 10:21:03AM +0200, Andreas Fatum wrote:

> Harald (I suppose),

yes -)

> first let me ask why you don't use your real-name here as everyone
> else does? (hm@seneca... _is_ known anyway - however on the other

Because this is the mutt default setting - I changed that now.

> hand I can't believe it's really Harald Milz asking these simply
> unix questions..)

If it had been that simple I would not have asked. In those days, I simply
don't have the time to read everything, and the mailing list archives
aren't searchable.

> To answer your question: (had been answered here a lot of times)
> Add a DEFINES += -D_GNU_SOURCE  to the non-compiling plugins'
> Makefiles.

OK - but if that was answered a lot of times why don't have freshly
downloaded plugin sources still the problem? The 1.2.0 readme was the first
time I read about the workaround.

Ciao,
hm

--
International law restricts the right to use military force
unilaterally to cases of self-defense against an armed attack.