[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: Client/Server Streaming 0.1.0beta1 (vdr-streamdev)

At Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2003 02:54 Rene Bartsch wrote:
> I did some tests. I does not rely on the TS but VDR crashes every time
> when ENTER/OK is pressed in streamdev-setup to confirm.

Whoa, I'll have a look at this when my VDR is finished (new, living-room
capable case arrived today).

What about streaming itself (except that RTL doesn't run, but Sat.1 does;) ) -
any improvements/bugs?

I have encountered that the delay when streaming VDR-to-VDR in TS mode is MUCH
smaller than with the old versions - sometimes they even run synchronous (at
least that's what my ears tell me when I'm between the rooms and playing the
same channel live and via stream)

@DOm: I will put -D_GNU_SOURCE into the Makefile (as someone on IRC also told
me about this already yesterday)

@All who use AUTOPID: I am developing on a vanilla-vdr, and I'm not willing to
try the PlugIn on every possible patch before releasing. If the solution is
done quickly, or if anyone can send me a patch (so that it works with the
patched AND the vanilla version), I'll incorporate it. For Autopid, you can
solve the problem by commenting out the lines (client/device.c:24f)

  m_SIProcessor = new cSIProcessor("");
  cSIProcessor::Read();

like this

  //m_SIProcessor = new cSIProcessor("");
  //cSIProcessor::Read();

The only thing which will NOT work then is EPG read from a shared epg.data on
a Client-VDR if it has no DVB-Hardware.

Greetings,
Sascha