[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.0, Autopid and cable scan

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 1:43 am, Philippe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It’s the first time I can use the Autopid patch and I’ve some questions
> about this patch :
>
> I’m using an Hauppauge DVB-C
>
> 1) The transponders.conf file :
> I tried to make a transponders.conf but I can't figure out hw this file
> is used by you great plugin. If I start VDR without any channel
> configured but with a good (I think) transponders.conf VDR segfault
> If I have at least one channel in my channel.conf, it works fine.

The scanner doesn't use the transpoders.conf as seed. You can leave it empty.

> 2) The channel scan :
> My cable provider use the satellite feeds the operator transpose the
> channels from QSPK to QAM but don't transpose anything else. When I
> lauch a scan, the plugins try to scan some stellite frequencies.
> A while ago, I made a full scan using dvbscan/dvbtune and I discover
> that the operator doesn't touch the nit so A lot of information is
> useless because I get satellite frequencies/SR.
>  - Is it possible to force the scanner plugin to scan a given frequency
> without using the fake NIT information (Freq/SR) ?

I can't see how this could be achived sanely at the moment. You should
probably contact you provider and complain about this. Including a NIT that
contains wrong/non existing frequencies violates the standard.

But there is a workarround. If you know _all_ frequencies, you could create a
channels.conf with a fake channel for each frequency. Then acitvating full
channel updating in Setup/DVB and switch to each fake channel. The autopid
update feature will automaticly add all channels it find to the
channels.conf.

> 3) Lost channels :
> Since I moved to VDR 1.2.0 I lost 3 or 4 channels.I can't remember their
> parameters. I tried to re-scan everything using dvbscan/dvbtune but
> those tools do not work anymore (unable to lock on given frequency).
>  - As you worked on a similar tool (scanner plugin) perhaps you know
> where I can find a good tool (working with the latest DVB driver) to
> make a scan.

scan from the dvb driver package usualy work for me.

> 4) Feature request :
> I would like to use a file with only frequencies and Symbol Rate to make
> a full channel scan straight into VDR (no TID as I don't know them...).

will come, hopefully.

Andreas