[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Little STREAMDEV-patch for VDRADMIN-0.23

Am Mit, 2003-06-04 um 17.57 schrieb Christian Jacobsen:
> Hallo,
>

> > This URL is opened in a POPUP-window, what enables e.g. Plugger to run
> > MPlayer in that POPUP-window. That also allows to resize window.
>
> I would like to use this on my Windows PC (yes I now - use linux - but I
> need windows at that PC) but unfortunatly it always opens Media Player wich
> does not work.

The player used by your OS is dependend on the mime-type. My patch does
not provide any mime-type. This is done by the streamdev-plugin.

It uses "video/mpeg" for TV-channels and "audio/mpeg" for radio-channels
(audio/mpeg is new in 0.1.0beta1).

So you have to tell your OS which player to use for "video/mpeg" or
"audio/mpeg".

I've had Windoze MediaPlayer running on Win98 with Elecard-plugin.

I just tried again on WinXP, but didn't got it working.

> Is there an easy way to change that so that either it works with WMP or that
> it uses mplayer-win32 for that ?

Find out how to assign mime-types in Windoze (often players provide to
select use for mime-type x/y).

> > But maybe it's working well and Thomas Koch could integrate it into the
> > next release of VDRADMIN ...
>
> This would be really nice :))
>
> If he does not do, will you please create a patch for the 0.90 ?

I already tried, but stumbled over the new graphical layout. While
vdradmin-0.23 only uses HTML for layout (lines, borders, ...) 0.90 uses
GIFs. In 0.23 you only have to change some values in the HTML-code, but
the GIFs have fixed pixels.

So, for not breaking the layout, the buttons "Switch TV" and "REC" would
have to be created newly for fitting in a third button "Stream" or
"Live" keeping the number of pixels (I considered using SwitchTV for
live-streaming, but then a lot of people would cry).

I don't like that graphical layout. Just create a box and use a GIF for
button, but never use GIFs for frames, lines, borders, ...

So I'm currently working on web-access to the recordings for 0.23 and
then I'll see what I can do for 0.90.

Maybe Thomas Koch is willing to spend two new buttons to vdradmin when I
have a ready2run solution for LiveTV and recordings.

Rene