[vdr] Re: analog solution wanted!

Hello Uwe,

eine private Mail in eigener Sache:
Sorry, this should have gone to you in private, but I mixed up the recepients. Ok, so here we go... ;-)

so if Andreas could make some modification, this should work with
analogtv plugin - without the need of an extra TV/Soundcard - right?
Hmm, that's difficult. "analogtv" is basically a mpeg-1 encoder, which takes the video signal from an analog video source, encodes it, then sends it to the dvb card.

>>Insgesamt bringt es also leider nichts, das Analog-Modul für vdr zu
>>unterstützen, weil die Infrastruktur dafür einfach nicht da ist.

> what do you mean exactly?

All osd functionality from vdr comes through the av7110 -- the av7110 then "sends" the images to your tv-set or to the one video input port of the saa7146, where you can view it from with xawtv.

Now, the analog input module of the DVB-C is simply connected to the second video input port of the saa7146. You can control it via Video4Linux I/O-Controls.

So, "analogtv" needs to capture from /dev/video0, input 1. You won't be able to see the vdr output via "xawtv" anymore (because it's on /dev/video, input 0), but in theory the result of the whole stuff should still be visible on your external tv.

IMHO lot of people would really look forward to an analog support as
described above

Can you provide me/us with some further information on your
implementation - not too technical ;)
See above. The saa7146 has two input ports. When you use the dvb input (port 0), then you use the dvb/vdr/osd stuff of thing through xawtv.

If you switch to port 1, then you get raw analog tv, the av7110 stuff is completely bypassed, but still works in the background.

uwe
If the support for the analog-module is fully working, we can simply try it out and see if it works.

CU
Michael.