[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR and Dxr3 HOWTO

Gavin Hamill wrote:
Hi :)

Just thought I'd let you know that the first version of my VDR+Dxr3 document is now available.

I use the "scan" program from the linuxtv.org DVB/apps/scan in place of dvbtune.

This scans for a number of known frequencies looking for transmitters. Once it finds one it parses the transport information to generate a list of channels automatically, including those on other frequencies from the same transmitter. It also has a new "-o vdr" option to output the channel list in the VDR channels.conf format.

Jon