[vdr] General note on reporting bugs or feature requests

During the process of sorting out all the messages on this list
regarding fixes, changes and feature requests for VDR version
1.3.x I came across lots of messages that had either no descriptive
subject, contained more than one topic, or broke threads

In order to make life easier (at least for me ;-) I'd like to suggest
the following guidelines:

- Always use a descriptive subject! A message titled "A small wish"
  doesn't tell me what it is about. Better use something like
  "VDR should do xyz" or "Crash when doing xyz".
- Always write one separate message per topic. There's nothing
  worse than giant "pamphlets" like "My whishlist for VDR" containing
  like twenty different topics. Better make it one message per topic,
  each with a subject that clearly indicates what this is about.
  That way I (and others) can respond to the postings that can be
  handled immediatley, or file those that will be handled later in
  a folder containing releated subjects.
- DON'T BREAK THREADS!!!! It is a terrible habit of some posters to
  break threads (well, maybe they aren't even aware of this because the
  email client they are using just can't do any better - in that case,
  please change your email client)! When there are several messages
  regarding one subject I want to be able to see the entire thread - and
  not have to search the whole folder for messages that might have broken
  the thread.
- Don't start a new subject as a reply within an existing thread!
  Always start a new thread when posting a new subject!

I hope nobody will find these suggestions offensive. They are just
meant to make it easier to focus on the actual work. With the amount
of traffic on this list it is becoming more and more important to
avoid things that cause additonal work.

Of course, the same applies to private emails sent to me (and I guess
others, too, will appreciate this).

Klaus