[vdr] Re: vdr and thinclients...

Am Die, 2003-06-10 um 09.37 schrieb Toni Poschner:
> i have built over pfingsten 4 thinclients with pxes 0.51 (but maybe i switch
> to the ltsp project...) is it possible to run vdr on these thinclients
> without a dvb-s card only with a normal tv/graphics card/soundcard... so that
> they connect them to the vdr running on the server?

You can connect VDR-machines to each other with Client/Server-streaming
(streamdev-plugin) from Sascha Volkenandt. The plugin has a server-part
and a client-part, where the client-part acts as virtual DVB-device
calling the TS-stream from the VDR-server.

The problem you will have is to use GFX/Soundcard as VDR itself only
supports full-featured DVBs or DXR3/Hollywood H+ - plugin for output
(someone is currently working on a solution based on xine, but this is
highly experimental and based on heavy patching both VDR and xine).

If you want to do some programming yourself, I'd advice to add
player-classes and VDR2VOBsub-renderer from DXR3-plugin to the
MPlayer-plugin.

Rene