[vdr] Re: Annoying EMERGENCY EXITs

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have a nice weather out here with lightnings.
>
> This causes VDR to restart and reload the driver once per minute for the
> last hour! This also causes high load on the server up to 100% (zig-zag
> scanning from driver up to 40%, insmodding 90 %, ...)
>
> So I think it is important to overwork the error-handling in VDR.
>
> VDR should differ which kind of error it has. I think only one out of
> 200 hundred restarts is really caused by the driver.

Well, simply change cThread::EmergencyExit() to

bool cThread::EmergencyExit(bool Request)
{
  if (!Request)
     return emergencyExitRequested;
  esyslog("initiating emergency exit");
  return false; // <--------- insert this line
  return emergencyExitRequested = true; // yes, it's an assignment, not a comparison!
}

That way you'll still see when VDR would have requested an emergency
exit, but won't let it actually do it.

Let's know the outcome.

Klaus