[vdr] AW: Re: Making Timers more "intelligent"

@Herrmann

>yes, that`s a good idea, maybe with some sort of "erwartungsfenster"
>"expectation window of time???" in the sort of

>look for tv total between 2000 and 0000, and if it is there in the
>EPG , generate an valid timer for it an record

exactly

>> Shure it would only work if set to the earleast possible broadcast.

>??? i do not understand this .. what do you mean??

I mean your "erwartungsfenster" so to say ;-)

@Mirko

>Do you know vdradmin? (www.linvdr.org/download/vdradmin)

yes, up an running

>I don't use daily (or otherwise regular) timers at all for a year or so --
>I just programm the name of the event and some time/channel margins when
>needed, and the rest will vdradmin do for you -- including timer control
>when the start/end time of the event changes in the EPG.

Thats right but i/you need a internet-browser for it; worst case a second
pc. Thats against the vdr philosophy to be controled via OSD (this is no
blame etc. against vdr admin, you, the world...; and i like and use VDR
admin, but not in the livingroom, the bedromm, guestroom...)

>Best try version 0.90pre4 (or 0.90, will be out till weekend I think),
>there have been some major improvements in the autotimer/timer control.

Running 1.1.25 stable for me; never touch a running system ;-))(since there
is no new feature i want to have)

Regards, Martin