[vdr] Re: New firmware fixes memory sharing with OSD

Andreas Fatum wrote:

> Klaus,
>
> would you still recommend to set hw_sections to 1 even with the new
> firmware from 2003-06-11? (The driver from CVS still defaults to 0).

I only recommended this because hw_sections=0 didn't work due to
the broken firmware (the SDRAM sharing stuff broke this). Now, with
the current firmware it should work both ways. The only exception is
if you ave to use the -icam firmware because your CAM doesn't work
with the link layer verson. In that case you need to use hw_sections=1
because then the firmware needs to do the section filtering in order
to control the CAM. But that's not a bug, that's a feature.

Klaus