[vdr] Re: Are there plans to support more than one primary device?

Marcel Wiesweg wrote:

I'd rather suggest that you change the concept of your plugin.
For example:
Your MP3Player is separated from VDR's player infrastructure. You may well derive it from cPlayer, but do not attach it to a device. It has a thread-safe control interface (be it derived from cControl) and runs in its own thread.

if you do a cControl class and lauch it.
vdr core wants to attach the player to the primary device. if there is cControl has a NULL cPlayer,
vdr simply crashes. i did try this the first time. also had this quick idea ;-)

The plugins' MainMenuAction returns a menu structure which provides full control over MP3Player (Start/Stop/Playlist etc.).
So the mp3 stuff does not affect any other functionality of VDR.

This is simply a quick idea, the way I would have tried it.

See my other mail abot this topic. dont want to have the tv switched on to only control
the sound player.

regards,
gunnar