[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-vbox-0.0.1 Plugin

Hello list,
i am ready to release my first version of my new vbox plugin.
It is in an early state, but already useful ( my opinion at least ).

you can download the source from http://members.fortunecity.de/rar2000/

This is the README:

This is a "plugin" for the Video Disk Recorder (VDR).

Written by: Gunnar Roth <gunnar.roth@gmx.de>

Project's homepage: none

Latest version available at: none

See the file COPYING for license information.

This plugin is a frontend to the isdn answering machine vbox2.

REQUIREMENTS:

A running installation of vbox2 on a reachable server or localhost. vboxd must be startable
by inetd on the server.

You need the mad.h header from libmad and an installed libsndfile.
Recommended version of libsndfile is 1.0.4. See README of mp3-plugin
for Install tips.

The vboxtoau program has to be in /usr/bin. or change the path in vboxclient.c
line 22.

CONFIGURATION:

The vbox-plugin supports multiple users and servers.
You have to create a vboxuser.conf in the /video/plugins directory.
This file consists of one line for every user.
Example:

myserver:port:user1:passwort1:pin1

The pin is not used yet, but has to be there.
port can be -1, then the standard vboxd port is used.

Try the vbox console client to test if you can connect to the server
before creating the conf file and running vdr.

NOTES:
If you have more than one user, you can select the user from the menu, if
you have entered the VBOX item from the main menu. if only one user exists
the vbox message menu is shown directly.
There you can browse through the messages and delete or mark as read/unread.
BY pressing the OK/Red Button the message is played through the dvb card.
ATTENTION: If you are replaying something other, this player is stopped.

TODO:
- Internationalization of texts( only english and german is done)
- Limit access by a pin code
- Poll the vbox server to see if new messages are available
and display the osd message to inform the user about this.
- Support for the vbox-controls (supend answer etc.)
- Support for other answering machine software

THANKS:
I wish to thank the following people:
The creator of vbox for his vbox client and libvbox code.
The creator of the mp3-plugin, where i copied the audio playing code from.
and last but not least the author of vdr, for his great software.

Have fun!

Gunnar