[vdr] Re: Picture in Picture

> Well, maybe, but as I use xv everyday with xawtv and as it don't take
> any CPU, I think the problem is elsenwhere, no?

Good qestion - i just borrowed most of it's code ;-)

> Some things are missing in respect to kvdr: if you start with xv, you
> can't disable it, also with xv, you can't take snapshot, and of course

Yes, that's a big problem. Although snapshots in xv-mode are not that great
under kvdr - or did'nt you experience a problem here?

But one could do that in xawtv easily too - instead of feeding the data in
the xv take the same date and store it as a snapshot.

currently i did the less elegant solution: i switch to RGB-mode, take one
frame and switch back, although jpeg are compressed as YUV anyway...

> you can't change the card you are viewing, and you can't see more than
> one card...

That's true, but one could do it as following (which might be a nice idea for
kvdr too):

capture all the frames and write them to a single, location by
1. skipping every second pixel/line -> gives 4 overlays side by side
2.overwrite part of frame 1 with data from frame 2
and feed it to xv.