[vdr] Re: dbox as VDR client

Am Fre, 2003-06-20 um 16.34 schrieb Oliver Kuhl:
> Hi!
>
> > Would it be possible to shrink a VDR-only distro (static compiled kernel
> > with nfs-client, DVB-driver, VDR, streamdev-plugin and full DBOX-hardware
> > support) to fit into the 8 MByte Flash of DBOX2?
> Some dbox-images use a "clip-mode" to stream the dbox-recordings back into the
> box. I never tried it, but seems to be possible. Does any one know whats the
> difference between dbox- and vdr-files?

VDR can be installed on DBOX2 (there has been a post on the list some
days ago) - so you don't need Neutrino but only a NFS-client to connect
to the server.

My question is, if it is necessary to boot from another machine or if
the 8 MB are enough for a static VDR-image including kernel and drivers.

--
Rene Bartsch <ml@bartschnet.de>