[vdr] Loglimit needed

Hi,

I just wondered why my / got filled up to the limit in about 5 hours of time (was all normal at that time).
Answer: a 3 GB /var/log/messages

Why got that file that big?
Answer: from 15:30 to 16:30 I got almost only "ring buffer overflow (188 bytes dropped)" messages in the log. So many a second that I can't even count it in screens. That blew my /var/log/messages about 2.9 GB (in just one hour) and it only stopped cause my / was full.

So I suggest a max number of logentrys for the same error per minute (like iptables logs can be trimmed for example) or a fix for the ring buffer overflow error ;)

But surely it should not happen that one application can spam /var/log/messages in such a way.

Regards,
Norbert